[ubuntu-studio-devel] Missing applications: Audacious & Shotwell

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Apr 5 19:20:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, 05 Apr 2016 14:02:43 -0400, lukefromdc at hushmail.com wrote:
>In my work which includes manual updates and excluding packages with
>problem newer versions Synaptic in mandatory. Anytime I install
>Ubuntu, Mint, or Debian anywhere it's something I always install if
>not already present.

It's important to report bugs. For Wily Synaptic never gets fixed, but
seemingly at least the history issue is fixed for Xenial [1].

For several reasons I switched from Synaptic to command line only,
excepted I should search something, but even this I more often do with
an Internet browser.

1. Ubuntu seemingly maintains Synaptic less good, perhaps in the hope
users will use some evil Ubuntu GUI.

2. Synaptic not really is an apt-get front-end, e.g. packages hold by
Synaptic aren't hold for apt-get and packages hold by apt-get aren't
hold by Synaptic.

3. I anyway need to handle some things, Synaptic can't handle [2].

[1]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synaptic/+bug/1487890
[2]
apt-get update && apt-file update && auto-apt updatedb && auto-apt update-local && apt-get dist-upgrade && apt-get autoremove