[ubuntu-studio-devel] Missing applications: Audacious & Shotwell

Ross Gammon ubuntu at the-gammons.net
Sun Apr 3 09:15:02 UTC 2016

Thanks guys,

On 04/02/2016 07:18 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Apr 2016, Len Ovens wrote:
>
>> Hmm, commit 1445 comment "Removed Shotwell." I didn't do a very good
>> job. :P
>
> Further looking finds:
> https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntustudio-dev/msg00586.html
> Which gives the reason why it was removed.

I think I will close the bugs, and drop Audacious from the Package QA
tracker. It doesn't seem worth adding them in at this point. They can
always be installed by users that miss them.

A small list of priority packages that are in our seed somewhere
(notated as such so they don't get accidentally dropped), and mandatory
to test on the QA Package Tracker before we get to Beta Release would be
a good idea I think. We could then prioritise bug triage activities on
those throughout the whole cycle as well, and not be rushing at release
time.

We could/should also maintain a list of packages for each LTS that we
want to work on Stable Release Updates (SRU) and backports of.