[ubuntu-studio-devel] Artwork license

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Sep 20 21:35:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

what are the Adobe Illustrator namespace entries in the Ubuntu Studio
logo files are good for? Removing them from the file seems to have no
impact to the graphic [1].

If I use the Ubuntu Studio logo for a wallpaper, but the wallpaper is a
pixel graphic without the svg data and assumed I would make this
wallpaper public, who needs to be mentioned?

If IIUC this wallpaper needs to become CC-BY-SA-2.5 and the jpg or png
data or an additional file needs to mention Scott and Len and the
Creative Commons [2].

Meta-data mentioning Illustrator or Incsacpe can be dropped.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
[weremouse at moonstudio ~]$ diff /usr/share/icons/ubuntustudio/places/128/distributor-logo.svg Desktop/drawing.svg
5c5
<    xmlns:i="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeIllustrator/10.0/"
---

1118,1127c1118
<     <foreignObject
<        id="foreignObject7697"
<        height="1"
<        width="1"
<        y="0"
<        x="0"
<        requiredExtensions="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeIllustrator/10.0/">
<       <i:pgfRef
<          xlink:href="#adobe_illustrator_pgf" />
<     </foreignObject>
---

2836,2845c2827
<     <foreignObject
<        id="foreignObject3392"
<        height="1"
<        width="1"
<        y="0"
<        x="0"
<        requiredExtensions="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeIllustrator/10.0/">
<       <i:pgfRef
<          xlink:href="#adobe_illustrator_pgf" />
<     </foreignObject>
---

[2]
weremouse at moonstudio ~]$ cat /usr/share/doc/ubuntustudio-icon-theme/copyright
[snip]
Files: /usr/*
Copyright: 2012 - 2013, Scott Lavender <slavender at ubuntu.com>
	2012 - 2013, Len Ovens <len at ubuntustudio.org>
License: CC-BY-SA-2.5
 The UbuntuStudio Icon Theme is licensed under the Creative Commons Legal Code
 Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
[snip]