[ubuntu-studio-devel] QjackCtl for the next Ubuntu release

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Sep 17 12:58:16 UTC 2015

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015, Nick Fellows wrote:

> Yes , its about time it had an overhaul - not the most intuitive UI. I wish it
> had the facility to detect which soundcard is plugged in and set
> it automatically rather than the last one used.

That may well be the mic on the camera. Probably not what you want if it
is a web camera. One of my biggest peeves about pulse is that it is too
automatic. Also consider that Qjackctl can only expose options that jack
already has.

As a last note, many people expect to use Audio interface combinations
that should not be used for profesional audio. Like a USB mic in and
internal audio out.

www.ovenwerks.net