[ubuntu-studio-devel] Packages up for removal, unless someone wants to maintain them

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Sep 10 06:20:40 UTC 2015

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 14:46:17 -0700 (PDT), Len Ovens wrote:
>make features

Be careful with features, https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/carla-git/.

Carla depends on linuxsampler, IOW it's up to the user to build it,
since Debian would build without linuxsampler, because the licenses is
a customised GPL.

Since we already discuss how to improve Ubuntu Studio, and somebody
mentioned bitwig, mixbus (I want to add energyxt, traction), we should
consider to provide everything good that already exists as FLOSS
software.

It's ridiculous to exclude linuxsampler, since linuxsampler is GPLed.
Assumed the customisation should offend the GPL, then it's null and
void and shouldn't matter.

Regards,
Ralf