[ubuntu-studio-devel] Packages up for removal, unless someone wants to maintain them

Ross Gammon retail at the-gammons.net
Wed Sep 9 20:12:32 UTC 2015

On 08/31/2015 11:02 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2015, Ross Gammon wrote:
>
>> I was just looking at a couple of bugs against zynjacku, and it turns
>> out that this package was removed from Debian a while ago because it is
>> buggy and abandoned upstream
>
> zynjacku can be replaced with lv2rack and/or jalv. I would also suggest
> we package Carla for debian. KXStudio's binary tarball already just
> works with Studio as is and gives a bainary rack that would replace
> jackrack and or zinjacku with ease. It also gives an LV2 plugin that
> would allow dssi instruments to be used with Ardour (Ardour does not
> load DSSI plugins natively) It also allows different plugins to be used
> in Applications that will take Linux vst plugs but not lv2 (LMMS?)
>
> Opps lv2rack is a part of the zynjacku package.
>
> --
> Len Ovens
> www.ovenwerks.net

I have submitted a Request For Package (RFP) bug for Carla:

My backlog of things to package is quite long now, but if no-one beats
me to it I will eventually do it myself.

If there are any other packages that we should have in Ubuntu Studio,
then please submit a bug:
https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

If you cc this list I will add it to the multimedia blends website for
more exposure:
http://blends.debian.org/multimedia/tasks/index

Regards,

Ross