[ubuntu-studio-devel] New ubuntustudio-controls

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Sep 3 01:58:40 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2 Sep 2015, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:

> Anyone tried the new ubuntustudio-controls application yet?
>
> If so, if you found any bugs, please report right away.
> And, if you have opinions, please do share.

Help uses the wrong kind of text box. I can type more stuff in. While I am
sure restarting -controls will set it back again, it could be confusing
having a blinking cursor there. Can you use the same kind of label field
as "General" just with a different BG colour? Even if you had to make more
than one label to span lines. Or set it to disabled. Otherwise a return
adds a line to the text box rather than selecting the OK button. Hmm, tab
doesn't even rotate through to OK either, but that will be the toolkit you
may not be able to fix that.

Everything else seems to work:
 	- mangled limits file, -controls fixed it
 	- controls will mangle limits file
 	- removes and replaces audio group for installer and new user

Note: does not work for a new user called "audio", In this case it will
add the user "audio" to the audio group, but not remove them.

www.ovenwerks.net