[ubuntu-studio-devel] Elementary OS

Set Hallström sakrecoer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:19:02 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-02 12:36, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I not necessarily buy my hardware. I use hardware from trash, I borrow
> hardware from neighbours.
>
> What you find in a trash can or what your neighbours lend you most
> likely can be used with a Windows machine, but not with a Linux machine.

Me too, and its not like i can order specific things with a specific
revision from my local trashbins. One of the reasons i thought this was a
non-issue is that EVERYTHING i have found in the trash worked out
of the ehm... trashbox.

So yeah, Luck, it seems so.. (touching wood touching wood twitwitwi)
much money....leeel :D compared to the average citizen of India,
probably. This said, the few things i have bought new, i researched first and
never had any problem.

There might be a red thread in my "luck": i don't care so much for the
"latest stuff". I'm happy with 24bits 96khz. (Ray Charles made better than
me with an 8 track taperecorder.) or 12 megapixel camera as long as well, it
works on GNU/Linux.

But i can see why others want to be on the edge of equipment.

Sorry for OT, i guess i got a bit provoked by that "much money" thing :D  <3

--
Set