[ubuntu-studio-devel] PR & Support: Where to fish for contributors?

set public at sakrecoer.com
Thu Oct 29 14:29:07 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-29 13:02, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> It is not a social network and I'm not an official Ubuntu Studio
> contributor :p.

It's a network of emails, with people, socializing around a theme. But
we could argue about the definition's finesses back and forth ad infinitum.

> I'm not a member of the church of Linux audio, but I have other reasons
> to wish that more people use Linux.
>
> There are sane reasons to use either Ubuntu and/or Arch Linux as I do. A
> Windows refugee most likely would be unable to cope with Arch, so I
> would recommend Ubuntu Studio.

I get the feeling you take something personal. I hope i am wrong. Rest
assured that I have NO assumption about you NOR what religion could be
affiliated to you.

> The reasons might help to find contributors (and to win more users):
>
> - Ubuntu is the most known major distro
> - Ubuntu has got a past and a future [1]
> - Ubuntu follows the user-friendly approach with all it's pros and
>   cons. For Linux beginners just the pros of the user-friendly approach
>   counts, so it makes sense to contribute to Ubuntu, to spread Linux.

This is a great start to 3 potential posts on http://ubuntustudio.org It
would be awsome if you could develop these 3 points further and post it
here!!