[ubuntu-studio-devel] PR & Support: Where to fish for contributors?

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Wed Oct 28 23:04:08 UTC 2015

To the best of my knowledge, reddit is just as universal as any other
big social site. Citing wikipedia:

"Reddit (/ˈrɛdɪt/)[5] is an entertainment, social networking, and news
website where registered community members can submit content, such as
text posts or direct links, making it essentially an online bulletin
board system."

There are plenty of problems that one would like to have solved when it
comes to technology, democracy, economy, and so forth. But, in order to
reach out to anyone, you need to be visible somehow, and Ubuntu IMO is a
very visible system, one that is less strict with these things than
other organizations, perhaps for the greater good. It's a step into the
right direction, anyway, no?

So, I would not like to use any services that are not kosher, so to
speak. And to me reddit seems kosher enough. Now, if someone disagrees,
I'd like to see some real proof of why it is not. This thread is about
how to reach possible contributors, so quite a narrow subject. Let's try
to stick to that, ok?

I'm adding reddit to the list, for now. Where else can we look for
contributors? What multimedia specific sites are there? I think we
probably have audio well covered. How about video and graphics?