[ubuntu-studio-devel] Desktop Agnostic, Was: Re: Gedit

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Sat Nov 28 16:53:44 UTC 2015

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015, at 03:46 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Nov 2015, Len Ovens wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 28 Nov 2015, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> >> If we get the CD build of Ubuntu Studio going this time around, it will
> >> include ubuntustudio-desktop-core, and ubuntustudio-audio-core, but none
> >> of the other metas. But, just like the DVD, you will be able to install
> >> anything from it using an internet connection.
> > So around one gig-ish then.
>
> The ISO would be install only, the live portion would not be usable in
> any
> artistic context. Is tha what we want? or only to try changing some
> things?

Some things that the CD does that the DVD can't:

- less to download (only ubuntustudio-desktop-core and
ubuntustudio-audio-core, should be less than CD size, but not sure)
- instead of the full desktop you can try out the minimal
ubuntustudio-desktop-core, which we can offer as another alternative to
the regular desktop system.

You can still use it for checking if your system is compatible with your
audio device, or other hardware.