[ubuntu-studio-devel] Gedit

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Thu Nov 26 09:32:12 UTC 2015

Since we have decided to go towards being desktop agnostic already for
more than a year, I don't see why we should bother with replacing text
editors.
We should sync with Xubuntu, and if there are problems, we should
cooperate with Xubuntu devs.

But, to discuss gedit anyway. As it seems, things are not in sync yet,
but it could very well be that certain things work well in Gnome, but
not in XFCE. Might be worth to check out. And, if there truly are
problems with some applications, again, let's try to work with Xubuntu
devs, or even Gnome devs to get stuff like that sorted out.