[ubuntu-studio-devel] 16.04 Graphics Workflow

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Nov 24 20:29:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, 24 Nov 2015, set wrote:

> I updated and it looks good! Gives the submenu more sense i think. However,
> ImagMagick(display Q16) the one with icon, and ImageMagick(display Q16) and
> the one without icon didn't move. (see attached pic)

My working platform is still 14.04 and it is correct here.. I don't have a
dev setup on my 16.04 test partition (and don't want to mess it up with
extra stuff anyway).

So, on 14.04 IM uses display.im6.desktop, but I notice on 16.04 has:
display-im6.desktop
display-im6.q16.desktop

The one that doesn't display has a different case spelling (same letters).
I would say this is a bug and should be reported to either debian or the
dev site. Depending on where the bug shows up :)  I am not even sure if
both are supposed to be there. DO they both open the same way? One of them
runs from /user/bin/ and the other from
/usr/lib/<arch>/ImageMagick-6.8.9/bin-Q16/ But one is a link to the other.
So the bug is that one of them should not be there at all. They are both
the same. (or do the same thing)

Do you wish to try fixing it, or do you want me to? Basically you are
changing the . to a - and stop display-im6.q16.desktop from showing at
all. (and bugreport it's existance)

www.ovenwerks.net