[ubuntu-studio-devel] [DRAFT] Call for contributors

set public at sakrecoer.com
Thu Nov 19 10:54:57 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-19 10:11, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015, at 09:57 AM, set wrote:
>> On 2015-11-19 09:37, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
>>> I'm not going to do anymore contributor hunting, but if someone else is
>>> up to it, be my guest.
>>>
>>> So far, don't think we've had a single person contact us. There was one,
>>> who briefly showed up on our user channel, but that's about it. Wasn't
>>> expecting miracles, but at least one has to try.
>>>
>> It's an ever ongoing process i guess :)
>> I will try to regularly bump the question around me. And also we should
>> craft articles for the website. To engage the users, maybe we could have
>> some "user focus" posts with interviews and link curation?
>>
>> Let's find 3 questions for each workflow, like
>>
>> 1. Who are you and what brought you to ubuntu studio?
>> 1. What is favorit package?
>> 2. Share a bit of your creative process.
>>
>> I'm working slowly on the documentation, feel free to use the
>> constructive whip: coming from hiphop i believe _seeing_ others doing
>> things always triggers a rather positive competitive-reflex in humans.
>>
>> TL;DR
>> 3 cents:
>> 1. The channels are awfully quite
>> 2. Any type of publication is an excellent opportunity for PR.
>>

> Well, would you like to be lead for for one, or both - Documentation and
> PR? Or, how about cfhowlett?
>
> I know Jimmy has other things to worry about for a while. I know Len is
> not into either. That really only leaves Set and cfhowlett from what I
> can make out. Am I missing anyone?
>
> It's just a title, but may also inspire a tad. Right now, it's like I'm
> lead of everything, and I would rather not be, tbh.

I feel a sense of overbearingness, and i apologize if my mail was
perceived as a form of payload, or "do this" kindof thing.

I'm down to help, rest assured. 700% motivated and available 20% of my
labor-hours to push, motivate and contribute. But I didn't want to start
asking people if they want to be interviewed, unless the list agrees it
is a good idea. :)

Anyone see any objection if i start asking people around for ubuntu
studio usage testimony in the name of ubuntu studio?

I'm going to go thru the list of devs and users one by one like a proper
stalker, asking things about creative process, to compile the fruit of
their delicious production into goodguy propaganda.

If no one answers i will asume i may proceed and come back with
publication candidates.

Have a great day y'all!

*Set