[ubuntu-studio-devel] Introduction.

Grant Burton bbbabynet at gmail.com
Sat May 30 07:46:33 UTC 2015

Greetings all

my name is Grant and I'm an American ex-pat living in Spain. I'm a
musician/computer repair dude. I've been using Ubuntu studio several years
because, somehow I ended up with an HP media center PC with a TV card and
studio is the only operating system I could get everything to work. I do
have another computer I could use. I just need ddr3 memory that should be
here any day now.

I'm not a programmer but I've been an official beta tester for windows,
symantec and sound-forge. I've installed Ubuntu on over 50 different
computers and Ubuntu studio on 5

I use kdenlive & Ardour extensively

I tried to upgrade my system to wily.... it took several hours and at first
glance everything seem ok but it's not. I  upgraded because it was really
hard to get the TV card to work and I was hoping it would keep the
configuration… it didn't

Question: how could I better help your project…. should I keep this
installation or install from zero?