[ubuntu-studio-devel] menu layout

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Wed May 20 08:40:52 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015, at 10:05 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 20 May 2015 09:17:12 +0200, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> >publishing
>
> Actually it means to provide tools that e.g. allow to make the file for
> the printing company. For a tacked book, page 16 and 17 might be

Publishing today does not need to involve actual printing. The
publication is the end product. Traditionally it is regarded as
something like a book, newspaper or a poster. But, today it can be
anything that you can see on a screen, as long as it is the means for
distributing information or art of some sort. So, it could be a web page
just as well as an e-book, or sheet music in a pdf file.
Publishing tools are tools that create that end product. Scribus and
MuseScore are both such tools, even though both can be used for other
things as well (MuseScore is sometimes used for composition as well).
I do find it difficult to place web design applications in the same
field, as those are generally regarded as code development tools. That
said, a publication can be in html. The difference is in the way you
produce the html code.