[ubuntu-studio-devel] Getting list of packages

Ross Gammon retail at the-gammons.net
Tue May 19 19:38:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

What is the best way to retrieve a list of Ubuntu Studio packages in a
machine readable way ready for manipulation & publishing?

The last time I needed to do this was for subscribing the US Bugs Team
to relevant bugs. I did this manually after printing out the "package"
pages for the US metapackages.

I am asking because:
1. We will need a way to track the menu/desktop information for packages.
2. To keep working on Elfy's Manual Test Cases [1]
3. I sometimes have the urge to do a merge/sync from Debian and struggle
to find US packages in the list of required Merges.
4. To adjust the list of packages we are interested in over time (I
browsed over the "seeds" wiki the other day which is probably relevant).

Cheers,

Ross