[ubuntu-studio-devel] Menu Layout

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue May 19 10:50:28 UTC 2015

Oh, and I understand if this seems like a big leap away from things that
have been discussed from a certain perspective, but in another, it is
just a big leap away from the old menu towards a new menu - based on all
that has been said, and also the desire to adhere to standards.

A freedesktop "extra" category does not need to be sub-category in a
menu. So, we can always move around stuff later.

You can see all the freedesktop categories here:
http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html
Our work on improving them is done here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/FreedesktopCategories