[ubuntu-studio-devel] ristretto is in the menu

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon May 18 14:57:45 UTC 2015

On Mon, 18 May 2015, Set Hallstrom wrote:

> On 2015-05-18 04:36, Len Ovens wrote:
>> We included ristretto in our distro and double clicking on an image
>> launched it, but it was nowhere in the menu. This is fixed but not
>> released yet. Is this important enough to push back into 14.04? Or just

> Thanks a million for your work Len!!

It involved removing one line :)

It does not look like there is a command line option for Blender to start
NLE mode. The default start mode can be changed but that would affect how
it started anywhere else too. It may be possible to run a python script
(from the command line) that would put it in one mode or the other at run
time. But that would take someone with who knows the program better than I
do.

I question if that is worth while though. From watching some videos about
it's use, there is quite a steep learning curve anyway. Those who use it
will know how to get from one mode to the other.... and what to do with it
when they get there :)

www.ovenwerks.net