[ubuntu-studio-devel] ristretto is in the menu

Set Hallstrom sakrecoer at gmail.com
Mon May 18 06:59:30 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-18 04:36, Len Ovens wrote:
> We included ristretto in our distro and double clicking on an image
> launched it, but it was nowhere in the menu. This is fixed but not
> released yet. Is this important enough to push back into 14.04? Or just
> make sure it gets to 15.10 and beyond... Anyway, I left it to go in
> graphics (where it wants to go) with the thought it is not a photograph
> viewer, but a generic image viewer and so important for all graphic things.

Thats great news! Ristretto is great! Fast and super handy! You are
right, i confused the story: When it disappeared i looked for
alternatives and there was this usual friend that had stopped working...
can't remember the hole story :/

It's a good choice to put it in graphics, because of what you state. I
used to enjoy shotwell for the purpose of displaying single files, quick
raw development and handling my library, until the library grew too big.

I'm unsure what to say about pushing the ristretto fix back to 14.04. I
think it would be great. While i personally follow the release as they
come, I have a pool of friends that i have converted to ubuntustudio and
i came to the conclusion that giving them LTS gives me less support
work. If i knew how to fix it i would think like this: is there more
time to come until the next LTS then there is time past since previous
LTS? if yes: push back.

Thanks a million for your work Len!!

Have a great week y'all!

--