[ubuntu-studio-devel] [Blueprint ubuntustudio-video-x] ubuntustudio-video X

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Tue May 12 17:36:21 UTC 2015

Kdenlive comes with a lot of dependencies but also a hell of a lot
of capability combined with a GUI not as different from the paid
video editors as blender's video editing GUI. It does add a lot of
dependencies, but lots of times someone ends up needing one
KDE application anyway,

Right now the real ugliness is having anything that depends on
KDE 4 plus something that depends on kf5, as the newest version
of kdenlive does. That should soon be resolved.

Kdenlive is also an official part of the KDE 5 software suite
(whatever it's official name is) and will probably thus end up a
default install in Kubuntu at some point.