[ubuntu-studio-devel] [Blueprint ubuntustudio-video-x] ubuntustudio-video X

Alexandru Băluț alexandru.balut at gmail.com
Tue May 12 10:21:59 UTC 2015

Both OpenShot and Pitivi have been in the stage of backend rewrite for some
time:

In
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/421164014/openshot-video-editor-for-windows-mac-and-linux/description
Jonathan Thomas said he's developing a "new, revolutionary,
cross-platform" backend since 2011. I checked the download page but it only
points to the old 1.4.3 release from 2012, not to the new 2.0.

Pitivi also started a fundraising campaign in 2014, the primary goal of
Thibault Saunier and Mathieu Duponchelle being "stabilization", see
http://fundraiser.pitivi.org/. You can try the latest Pitivi by running a
bundle with all the dependencies included http://www.pitivi.org/?go=download
.

So none of them are really there but both are making progress.