[ubuntu-studio-devel] [Blueprint ubuntustudio-video-x] ubuntustudio-video X

Set Hallstrom sakrecoer at gmail.com
Mon May 11 09:51:42 UTC 2015

Hi!
On 2015-05-11 10:25, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
> Blueprint changed by Jimmy Sjölund:
>
> Whiteboard set to:
> - Investige implication of Kdenlive becoming official KDE application
> and future development, impact of kde libraries etc.: TODO

This is an interesting question! At the moment, there are 4 choices for
video editing:
- ptivi,
- openshot
- kdenlive,
- blender

On a personal note, i have to confess that ptivi and openshot have given
me nothing but frustrations. They are the reason i installed kdenlive
back when it was not included in ubuntustudio. I also believe kdenlive
is the only reason i have kde libraires.

While i must say Kdenlive is a great tool, Blender VSE has become
amazingly powerful. So much that i had almost forgotten about kdenlive
all together...

Wouldn't it be a lot easier for everyone, if blender became the bundled
video sequence editor? And all those other options remained option?

A good way to help users find the VSE in blender, could be to either set
the shortcut to open blender in VSE mode, which i'm not sure is
possible. But perhaps there is a possibility to start blender with a
customized start-up file?

Yours,
--
Set Hallstrom