[ubuntu-studio-devel] Our Set of Freedesktop Categories, WAS:Re: Feature Definition Discussion: Multimedia Application Categorization

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Jun 23 22:06:48 UTC 2015

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015, Set Hallstrom wrote:

> "In a computer, Home is not a place. It's a dynamic." - unknown gnu
> I also have an issue with search-term menus. But the strange thing about
> it, is that in the terminal i don't mind just that: typing words...?

In a terminal I expect to know the name of the command or what it starts
with anyway. In a GUI application search, things are different. The GUI
menu or search may not even show the real name of the application...
looking for Nautilus? Easy to find in the terminal, but look for "files"
in the GUI. Nautilus when it is running, shows the name "Files" in it's
about box! You may find searching for a "terminal" gives two or three
terminals all named "Terminal" with very simmilar icons, but most of us do
not want Xterm... Speaking searching for a terminal, the default terminal
may or may not show up  :)

www.ovenwerks.net