[ubuntu-studio-devel] The DiscBunring Category WAS:Re: Feature Definition Discussion: Multimedia Application Categorization

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Mon Jun 22 10:54:57 UTC 2015

According to the Freedesktop categorization standard, DiscBurning is an
additional category forAudioVideo. I think several people have agreed on
that this seems strange.
The problem is not only in the desktop file categorization, but in which
Debian section the application is put under.

I feel that the best course of action would be to keep to the standard
(not remove the AudioVideo category from the desktop file), but tweak
our menu to show desktop files with the category DiscBurning in a menu
we prefer over either Audio or Video.
This, while we push for a change upstream in this order:
 * Freedesktop categorization
 * debian Section
 * Change the desktop file in question

Anyone have a better idea?