[ubuntu-studio-devel] Feature Definition Discussion: Multimedia Application Categorization

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue Jun 16 10:00:54 UTC 2015

> So, I'm adding another field for the bug link(s) and posting the tables
> now.
> Less packages now, since not all of them have desktop files.
>
> Observe that I have changed the name of the pages:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Wily/FreedesktopCategories/Audio
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Wily/FreedesktopCategories/Graphics
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Wily/FreedesktopCategories/Video

I feel like I'm missing a whole range of packages - the video page is
suspiciously small. This probably due to the fact that many packages
that are used for multimedia production has multiple uses and were not
listed under the Debias section "video". Could also be that my script
for generating these tables is doing something wrong. I will find out.

I won't be removing anything from the wiki pages anymore, so they are
safe to edit, but I might add stuff later.

I'm now putting together some documentation on how to do the work, and
preparing the blueprints.