[ubuntu-studio-devel] wily-dvd-i386.iso

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Mon Jun 8 23:23:53 UTC 2015

This sounds like a bug in the gtk theme. My main setup is
very hacked, now having migrated in place to Debian Unstable
with MATE but I saw a similar issue in lightdm if my gtk theme
set the default background in the wrong place. The pair of css
stazas below will work, using the .background element sets up
the background without drawing it over lightdm.

* {
	color:@theme_fg_color;
}

.background {
	background-color: @theme_bg_color;
	border-style: none;
}

This stanza will NOT work, in my theme with the old UbuntuStudio
gray widget background lightdm turns that color:

* {
        background-color: @theme_bg_color;
	color:@theme_fg_color;
}

I have the gtk greeter, the greeter window rendered above that grey
background. Perhaps the Unity greeter renders it underneath that
background? Lightdm in general has had issue with rendering elements
with the wrong Z values, at one time hiding panel elements under
the panel for instance.