[ubuntu-studio-devel] wily-dvd-i386.iso

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Jun 5 13:02:24 UTC 2015

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, Grant Frank Burton wrote:

> the installation don't work with wily-dvd-i386.iso. not with a pen-drive nor with
> a DVD.

The "Startup Disk Creator" from 14.04 can not be used to put a later image
on a usb stick.

dd if=name-of.iso of=/dev/sdd

(replace sdd with whatever your usb stick mounts as) has worked for me

I would think the DVD printing would just work though.

> I put 14 stable i386 in my computer. both TV & webcam work but the webcam only
> works in cheese. In cheese with the TV I get 3 options but only one works and not
> that good.

They would both be using V4L, I would guess. We have very few applications
that use it. In general most appliactions expect a video file input to
play with. Having said that, I have had a webcam work with more than
cheese. have you tried LiVES? I guess VLC is supposed to work as well. I
have used skype with 14.04 and had it work for me too.

Live video needs work I guess.

www.ovenwerks.net