[ubuntu-studio-devel] Feature Definition Discussion: Multimedia Application Categorization

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue Jun 2 08:41:42 UTC 2015

Ok, I finally was able to format the tables better. I've now added a
column for release pocket.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Wily/AudioApplications
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Wily/GraphicsApplications
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Wily/VideoApplications

What we could do now is:
 * mark each package that does not have a desktop file with a dash under
 "Current FDC", and "Suggested FDC" (FDC stands for Freedesktop
 Category).
 * enter the existing freedesktop category for packages that have them
 under "Current FDC"
 * Lastly, we being by adding or changing Freedesktop for applications
 under "Suggested FDC" in a way that makes sense.

Using existing Freedesktop categories is of course no problem,
especially if they make a lot of sense for specific packages.
We still need to agree on the non-standard categories that we want to
use and suggest upstream.

Anything more?

/Kaj