[ubuntu-studio-devel] Wallpaper contest

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Dec 21 15:31:59 UTC 2015

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015, Len Ovens wrote:

> Another thought just hit me, Can we divide the backdrop into sections with a
> uniform background and add a work flow theme to just a portion such that each
> workflow will be assigned a particular area and if any one workflow is
> installed, their part will be merged into the default backdrop at install
> time. For example, someone installs photography and graphics... then the
> lower left corner might have artwork for graphics and the upper right would
> have artwork for photography. Audio and video could be top left and bottom
> right so that if everything is installed they would all have a place. I have
> tried to imagine which two are most likey to be installed together and have
> the whole screen look balanced :)  This would require a settings package for
> each workflow and a script to create the backdrop.. and someone to maintain
> it. It might mean shipping a graphics utility outside the graphics workflow
> as well. It might be outside the general direction Studio is taking.

It may make more sense to just ship a set of backdrops with all possible
permutations and choose the right one to install or link to. The nice
thing about creating a backdrop on the fly though, is that the DE logo
could be included somewhere as well. For example the centre could have the
Studio logo merged with the Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu, Lubuntu or whatever
logo.

www.ovenwerks.net