[ubuntu-studio-devel] Wallpaper contest

C. F. Howlett cfhowlett at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:08:10 UTC 2015

Yeah about that:

I have looked at the art work produced for the other derivatives, and I
admit to a great deal of envy for ubuntukylin's design and prodigious
output.

I am unconvinced that we are fully obligated to comply with Canonical
Design requirements sole exception being logo use.  As it happens, I
have the *official* ubuntustudio logos released by Ubuntu Design.  I
would like to upload them to the bzr site, but I have yet to figure out
the method.

As regards the photography rules, I suggest that as a dedicated OS for
*art creation*, we have a wide discretion and latitude. I am not
suggesting a photographic free-for-all, but I submit that imposing
restraining rules on creative output is somewhat contradictory.

So: questions.  Do we / should we have a wiki page?  We have had a
community art page in the past, but it seems to be defunct.  Should we
resurrect it?