[ubuntu-studio-devel] Ubuntu Studio and Pulseaudio

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Dec 12 14:52:27 UTC 2015

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 06:25:11 -0800 (PST), Len Ovens wrote:
>any desktop application that requires pulse will not hang or fail

Hi Len,

what app does hang or fail, if the pulseaudio package is removed or
replaced by a dummy package? I'm not aware of any app and I don't see a
reason to have pulseaudio installed, if a user doesn't want to use it.

IIUC the OP doesn't use pulseaudio at all. On my Linux installs I never
experienced an issue with pulseaudio removed or replaced by a dummy
package. I never used pulseaudio.

Regards,
Ralf