[ubuntu-studio-devel] Boot partition and old kernel images - are we alone with this problem?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Dec 10 14:27:43 UTC 2015

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 12:39:13 +0100, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
>> I haven't actually used a vanilla Ubuntu system enough to know if this
>> is a problem there as well.
>
> It is a well known issue, I read about it on several other vanilla
> Ubuntu and Ubuntu flavour lists.

But for some reason ubuntu server does not have this problem. It is
upgraded by hand using apt-get directly which may be part of the
difference, but I do not seem to be able to get anywhere with autoremove
on Studio either.

The one place server does fail, is the kernel left from before an upgrade.
It seems the files are left in place but there is no record of the package
in apt.

There are currently 9 kernels in my 14.04 Studio install and only two in
my 14.04 Server install.

www.ovenwerks.net