[ubuntu-studio-devel] LiveFS ubuntustudio/xenial/i386 failed to build on 20151130

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Thu Dec 3 07:13:51 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015, at 10:10 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2015, Ross Gammon wrote:
>
> > According to the oss-compat package, it is better to use osspd. Osspd
> > provides oss-compat as a virtual package, and therefore if osspd is
> > installed and providing oss-compat, then oss-compat should not be
> > installed at the same time.
> >
> > Blacklisting oss-compat is probably the right thing, but then osspd will
> > not be installed unless it is manually installed or something else
> > requires it specifically.
>
> So if osspd is installed first then oss-compat will think it is already
> installed?
>
> > Is it possible to add osspd specifically to the install?
>
> Yes, not a problem at all. I can do that but can't remake the metas. That
> is I can change the seeds.
>
> >> I'm going to assume we don't need oss-compat for anything, and we can
> >> just blacklist it. So, I'm doing that, and uploading a new meta today.
>
> If the new meta was uploaded that day, it didn't work. Ahh, the one was
> blacklisted, but it is a depend of something. I think we need to include
> osspd. I think it needs to be included in the ffmpeg-common because that
> is included before any audio package (even the desktop comes after) this
> was done to make sure libavcodec-ffmpeg-extra56 gets pulled before
> libavcodec-ffmpeg56 which conflicts. Maybe that meta should be called
> pre-desktop rather than ffmpeg-common... but that might be a pain to get
> figgured out. Putting it there may even make blacklisting oss-compat
> unneeded.

I had never used blacklisting before, and was a little surprised
blacklisting oss-compat didn't work.

Sure, we could rename ffmpeg-common. But, before I do anything, I will
ask around for some information on this kind of dependency/recommends
problem. If I have no better plan, I'll make sure we try adding osspd.
But, I'm not sure that will work, since oss-compat is specifically
recommended by libdv-bin. Perhaps libdv-bin should be set to recommend
osspd instead?