[ubuntu-studio-devel] continued as per request, from IRC

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Sat Aug 22 10:38:58 UTC 2015

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 12:20 PM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> On 08/22/2015 12:00 PM, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> > On 2015-08-22 11:56, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> >> strong gut feeling.
> >
> >> physical realm?
> >
> > That came out wrong :D
> >
> >>From the good side of the guts.... I'm talking about a friendly meeting,
> > coffee discussion, organisation etc...  :D
> >
> > Not a fist match for next boss or anything stupid, yeah :D:D
> >
> > Yours,
> > Set van Obvious
> >

> +1
>
> This does not happen as much by default these days without the Ubuntu
> Developers Summit.
>
> I once walked past the UDS in Copenhagen. I was showing some friends
> from Germany around. It turns out that was the last one!
>
> Still - I think it is a good idea to let people on the list know when
> you are thinking abut going to a conference, in case others in the team
> were thinking about it.
>
> I don't know where we all live to think about doing a special U-Studio
> meet up.
>
> Ross

I don't think anyone of us has within the Ubuntu Studio has met up IRL.
That just isn't practical, since most of us live in different countries,
and often on different continents.

I was there, in Copenhagen, as the only representative for Ubuntu
Studio, and met some of the folks developing the other flavors, such as
Xubuntu, Edubuntu and Kubuntu. So, I met micahg, knome, and others. I
also met with some of the kernel devs.
It's good to do that, and it's too bad we can't do that anymore - not at
UDS at least.

The Linux Audio Conference would be a good place to meet up at though,
if we were able to do that sometime.