[ubuntu-studio-devel] Call for Beta Testing

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Thu Aug 20 09:06:53 UTC 2015

Today is Debian Import Freeze -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebianImportFreeze.
That means most of the applications we distribute won't be changing
until Final Release, which is due at the end of October. That also
means, this is a perfect time to start testing our ISOs for bugs.

= HOW TO DO TESTING =

We currently don't have very structured testing. We don't have a bunch
of test cases ready. Instead, I ask everyone to just grab our latest ISO
and start testing the stuff that they are interested in.

The latest ISO is always here:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/dvd/current/

Use zsync (cli tool) to download, so that when you download a new ISO,
you only download the changes, not the full ISO.

= IF YOU FIND BUGS =

== APPLICATIONS ==
If you find a bug in any application, report your bug with this command
in a terminal (replace <package-name> with the name of the package):

ubuntu-bug <package-name>

If you are unsure of the package name, please write to this mail list
with questions.

== DESKTOP ENVIRONMENT ==
If you find a bug in the desktop interface, like if something is not
there that should be, you can report your bug here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntustudio/+filebug