[ubuntu-studio-devel] Feature Spec Discussion: Introduce New Netinstall ISO

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue May 27 11:39:40 UTC 2014

I've reconsidered a bit.

lubuntu-core is great to base on, but we would at least need to add
networking, and a few other things.
We could also, as pointed out, just go with a smaller version of our
XFCE setup - that would save us some energy, since we already know
Xubuntu/XFCE better than Lubuntu/LXDE. In fact, our current DE, without
the multimedia metas is probably quite a bit smaller than the Xubuntu
installer. So, perhaps better to start with that.

So, I think I will do that. I'm sure no one is against taking that road.