[ubuntu-studio-devel] Feature Spec Discussion: introduce ubuntustudio-audio-minimal meta package

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri May 23 05:27:36 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-22 at 08:03 +0200, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> If you are looking for a DAW and one that isnt to bulky why not look
> into LMMS. We are looking at getting 1.1 released this cycle sometime
> next month. It supports a number of back ends from alsa to pulse to
> jack as well as a wide range of plugins from LADSP zynsubaddfx and
> VST's and much more.

IMO a DAW still doesn't belong to audio core components. JFTR LMMS is
_not_ the kind of DAW most musicians and engineers want to use. It's
more common that musicians and engineers are used to DAWs similar to
Qtractor, Ardour 3 and Rosegarden. Nearly nobody expect a DAW to be
light weighted, a common work-flow, more or less self-explaining GUI
more often is wanted.

Regards,
Ralf

Btw. I've never seen a stable version of Enlightenment. Xfce4 and JWM
are stable.