[ubuntu-studio-devel] I want to make new screenshots for installation process of the 14.04 release

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue Mar 18 19:26:11 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014, at 03:58 PM, Tobiasz Karoń wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I wonder if Ubuntu Studio is replacing the old images used in the
> installation process.
>
> I think particularly about graphic and audio applications - I'm using
> them
> quite a lot and I think the screenshots could be much more interesting
> than
> just a default Blender project with a cube, a single 3D shape in Inkscape
> et ceatera.
>
> I want to make some cool demo images and make them more exciting, showing
> some more advanced use af the software. Apart from that I think that
> making
> some more slides (for example 1 for every major program like Ardour,
> Audacity, Blender, LMMS, GIMP, Inkscape, Rakarrack...
>
> What I need from you:
>
> - what images to make (what programs to showcase? how many slides?)
> - what to include (any details you want to be exposed?)
> - what to avoid (I won't include nude characters or such, really)
> - image format (PNG, JPG?)
>
> *- image dimensions (how big?)*
> Bless ya!
> - unfa
> --

You're welcome to help with improving the feature tour on our website,
and other places there, if you like.

The development process for 14.04 has pretty much ended. I'm still
waiting for packages to be uploaded. We've already passed Feature Freeze
and User Interface Freeze.
Final Beta Freeze is on monday. We don't really have time to make any
more changes to the release itself.

The new slideshow will include an updated desktop, a view of ardour3 in
the audio slide, a new video slide.