[ubuntu-studio-devel] Audacity Bug

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Sat Mar 1 18:48:25 UTC 2014

Lately there has been talk of reverting to ffmpeg as that's where the development effort
seems to be. Ubuntu is reported to be falling behind with libav versions as distributed. For
my purposes I simply rejected the new versions of audacity, the old version works fine with
my multi-versions of libav and ffmpeg from a rolling updated system with PPA versions of
Kdenlive.

Glad to see someone working on this, now someone needs to deal with the plugins issue.
Alternative might be a "portable" full-featured Audacity with its own libraries in its own
directory if system ffmpeg/libav incompatabilities are going to be such a problem. I last
built  Audacity from source in 2009 when compressor sliders were broken and I had to
edit the source to compile in my preferred settings as default.