[ubuntu-studio-devel] Feature Spec Discussion: Workflow Categorization

Ross Gammon retail at the-gammons.net
Fri Jun 27 19:49:18 UTC 2014

Using Len's input I have split & rehashed my table and uploaded it to
the wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/FreedesktopCategories
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Debtags

Next, I will search the existing Debtags & Freedesktop categories for
the other workflows (video, publishing etc.). I will need further help
to refine these categories, because I am more of an audio guy myself.

Feel free to jump in if you think you can help!

Then, I will do a test run of some tagging and checking Freedesktop
".desktop" files, and document that process on the wiki as well.

Cheers,

Ross

On 06/26/2014 06:54 PM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> Thanks very much for the comments Len. It was just what I needed.
>
> I will take it all onboard, and put it on the wiki. It can be tweaked
> further from there.
>
> We will probably need to adjust and add further guidance as we start
> tagging anyway.
>
> Ross
>
> On 06/26/2014 01:22 AM, Len Ovens wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Jun 2014, Ross Gammon wrote:
>>
>>> Okay - no takers so far. So here goes for an attempt at defining
>>> categories
>>> for Sound/Audio applications (the easiest one to start on):

[...]