[ubuntu-studio-devel] Ubuntu Studio 13.10 - Default wallpaper proposition RC1

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Wed Sep 18 18:31:28 UTC 2013

Right now I Startpage cannot find a link to that symbol.  My search skills, though,
leave much to be desired.

I've seen this "KKK circle" in bathroom graffiti, heard it discussed in person, but never seen it online.
It is different, though only by a little, from the KKK's official symbol which is a circle with a heavy
cross in it and a drop of blood in the center. It symbolizes four Klansmen looking down a manhole
at a person who they have just murdered, but apparently is not an OFFICAL Klan symbol. I don't
think ANY of my African-American friends would not know exactly what it is.

To draw the symbol in question, first draw a circle, then quarter it. Mark 8 dots near the center,
so each quarter resembles eyeholes in a hood. I first encountered this in high school, seen it
come up from time to time, last heard about it when the "Circle of Friends" issue came up
around 2007, along with the "kkkubuntu" jokes inspired by the symbol and the Kubuntu name.