[ubuntu-studio-devel] 14.04 Developing Workflows

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Oct 17 22:05:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:

> ## Make changes to our menu, accordingly, and submit freedesktop
> category changes upstream

Yes but... to point out one example: Ardour as shipped from ardour has
nice categories. However, the debian/ubuntu package has taken some of them
out (like recording, maybe due to debian policy). So there is upstream and
midstream :P  In this case our menu would have put ardour3 in the right
menu if it had come from ardour, but it ended up wrong from ubuntu.

> Once categories have been finegrained, we should take it further and
> suggest changes upstream for some of the big categories.
> There are some subcategories that exist already, such as "sequencer"

That may make a bigger difference to lintian.

www.ovenwerks.net