[ubuntu-studio-devel] Debian Autoremoval

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Oct 1 13:31:37 UTC 2013

On 09/30/2013 08:35 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> I don't really understand how debian works... so this is a bit of a
> mistery what this mans exactly. My main concern is if this would affect
> packages we sync from debian, or if once it is synced it matters less
> what debian does.
>
> See:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/09/msg00006.html
>
> Some of the packages (Like Ardour) that are meantioned are quite
> important to our flavour.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess it would be quite bad if Ardour was
removed from Debian too.

Anyway, so I've been looking at qsynth and ardour today. Both were build
failures, for which I managed to come up with some fixes. I've updated
the Debian bugs with the new information, hopefully the Debian folks
will catch that and upload before they get autoremoved.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic