Making Studio work with more than one DE

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Fri May 24 18:23:07 UTC 2013

Am 23.05.2013 15:32, schrieb Len Ovens:

>>> Unload module-jackdbus-detect:
>>> pactl unload-module module-jackdbus-detect
>>>
>>> PA still takes up memory, but uses almost no cpu without that module.
>>
>> The CPU-load would be tolerable, the problem is, what PA+dbus do at
>> startup. Is there a way to blacklist interfaces? Some command like : "PA
>> do not touch that device!"?
>
> Yes, run pavucontrol, select the last tab (configuration?) select the card
> you want PA to leave alone and turn it's "profile" to OFF.

Thanks for the hint, I did not know that. Sadly it looks, like the
problem resides deeper in the bowels of dbus: the problem prevails, only
KDE spits out "device is not available" messages....

Anyway: thanks again! with every shot in the dark we draw nearer a real
solution or as Spock puts it: "Once you have eliminated the impossible,
whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." ;-)