Making Studio work with more than one DE

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 18:48:29 UTC 2013

On May 23, 2013 2:35 PM, <lukefromdc at hushmail.com> wrote:

> Surely there are more people who want to make US work with any
> particular desktop

I have always just used the applications with whatever DE I have wanted...
Ubuntu studio uses xfce. That is what we mostly test for. There is nothing
we do that should prevent the packages from working with whatever to want
to use. I'll try and look more closely at this thread, but, what is the
issue? It should be as simple as installing the applications you want to
use. Think of it this way... Install what you want.. Kubuntu, for example..
It Ubuntu and add KDE... Install what specific apps you want. Then, you are
not using Ubuntu studio... You are using the audio/video applications you
want with the DE you want. You can take advantage of the Ubuntu/Ubuntu
studio packages with whatever you want. You are welcome and encouraged to
do so... But, you are not running Ubuntu studio at that point. Still, it
should be as easy as installing what you want and configuring... What are
the specific issues that are preventing that? Cheers!

than there are desktops!  I did the Cinnamon work myself