Making Studio work with more than one DE

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu May 23 10:58:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 12:19 +0200, Hartmut Noack wrote:
> > However, the work flow to make a home video in a Roland Emmerich
> > style, does differ to making a home video in a Jim Jarmusch style.
> The latter is much easier, that is correct.

JFTR that's what I want to point out, the Jim Jarmusch style _regarding
to film editing_ is easier to do (regarding to the needed software and
assumed the cutter has got the creative abilities), possible to do at
home. OTOH I never experienced something like Cinellerra as usable for
doing this, since it does crash and I never heard before that it should
be that stable.

Regarding to other aspects, e.g. the lighting engineering it's
impossible to make a Jim Jarmusch style film.

The same for music, it's possible to record e.g. classical music with
Linux, but nearly impossible to make a top ten chart song, you at least
need stand alone gear that does provide that simply isn't available for
Linux.