Making Studio work with more than one DE

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed May 22 22:39:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-22 at 13:44 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> If I was going to use scripts, I would use jack_control which can do
> anything qjackctl can do

I prefer aj-snapshot, but IIRC even aj-snapshot can't provide everything
you can do using qjackctl.

Card 0: RME AIO S/N 0x579bcc at 0xfddf0000, irq 1
Card 1: TerraTec EWX24/96 at 0xbf00, irq 20
Card 2: TerraTec EWX24/96 at 0xbb00, irq 21

The two TerraTec cards are used as MIDI interfaces. How can I connect
them automagically to the same software IOs, each time I launch a script
to start a session?

AFAIK I need to connect them using QjackCtl manually. Perhaps it can be
done with the alsa equivalent to jack_control, but perhaps it's
impossible, AFAIR aj-snapshot can't do it and QjackCtl can't do it
automagically, I didn't use them for a long time, often I remove the
envy24 driver and use the RME card only.