Should we have a new project lead + should we have a council?

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Fri Mar 22 11:39:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:43:32 +0100, Ho Wan Chan <smartboyhw at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry hasn't been completed I acciendentally clicked send.
>
> Anyway, since zequence is doing so good in such things I would want him
> as
> project lead. Anyway, it's Scott's will to step down or not, and if he
> doesn't want to I don't mind.
>
> BTW, I think it would be a good idea to set up a Ubuntu Studio Council to
> do things like approve blueprints or approve membership applications or
> resolve disputes. We can also set up our own Ubuntu Studio members.

We are too small to have a council. We have a core team, which is
responsible for planning. Right now, I don't believe we need any more
teams :)

> smartboyhw (Howard Chan)
> On 2013-3-21 下午9:36, "Ho Wan Chan" <smartboyhw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Ubuntu Studio team.
>>
>> I think it's time we should have a new project lead.
>>
>> Not that I don't respect or wany to kick our current project lead Scott
>> Lavender, but then he has been rather inactive in the late 13.04 cycle,
>> and
>> I rather would want an more active person in the team to become project
>> lead. And no worries, I wouldn't want to be one:)

At the moment, we don't have a democratic way of electing project leads,
and I don't think we should have either for a while. Again, because we are
too small, there are too few people to choose between, but if we can grow
a bit larger, I would want to see democratic elections in the future.
Scott has been less active lately, which is quite ok. But he is the lead.
And he will leave his position when he's good and ready :)