Choosing Art for Ubuntu Studio

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Thu Mar 14 19:02:01 UTC 2013

Here are my slightly modded and ported GTK and icon themes.

I attached them both, have sent them before if they get lost

I simply call them  "Ubuntustudio_Legacy" on my machines, though they do contain three alterations I also used back to 2008:

A blue-green in GTK

old GNOME icons for debian packages, python script,perl scripts a few odds and ends. The beautiful folder, place, device, audio, etc icons have been kept essentially unchanged from 2008, and new icons added to support things that
didn't have icons in the old package. They keep the original blue and are gorgeous on my background of green trees and
grass. I use the old KDE3.5 "soft-green" background image on the desktop, in Plymouth, Lightdm, even in GRUB.

The gorgous mp3 icon had to be downsampled to a smaller filesize to allow large directories full of mp3 files to load in reasonable time. Looks the same, loads much faster.

The icon alterations to existing icons can be reverted by simply copying the
original ubuntustudio hardy icons over them. All new icons used to support new
prgrams will remain.

The blue-green I use in GTK is easily reverted by changing the colorname in the
GTK3 gtk.css, settings.ini, and GTK2 gtkrc files. This should yield the original UbuntuStudio theme or very close to it for GTK3, original for GTK2, original icons for all applications supported in 2008 and working icons for anything I have installed since then. Expect to find a few gaps for things I don't use and haven't seen which are new since 2008, though.

I am not sure where authorship would be claimed (somewhere else in ubuntustudio-look, maybe?), but you can add luke <lukefromdc at hushmail.com> as having ported the theme to GTK3 and added a few icons. Feel free to use them any way you can.